Tuesday, September 17, 2013

IF I MAY…

-->
Say a few words about Facebook.

I’m beginning to like the idea of Facebook, I think there is a good side of it if you use it wisely. For instance my old classmate Tony Lanzetta has posted numerous posting of missing children. I don’t know if any of it works, but I share it because I think it is important to try to save our children from predators. The audience you reach must be vast enough that someone will see a posting that will lead to saving a young innocent life.  Good for you Tony, and thanks, it is a worth-while posting all the time.

There are some days when I wish there was no Facebook, when people post their religious beliefs and ask everyone to repost or ‘like’. That turns me off, and
makes me wonder why they really need to do that. If Jesus is your savior, does that mean that the Jewish population won’t be saved? How harsh is that?

It is a great forum to express oneself on political ideologies and to create great discourse. It gives you the other side of the coin, but not always rationally like you would hope. We are too quick to fault Obama, the Bush administration and or Liberals and Conservatives. It troubles me when I see the glorification of the American military power: since it is so vast and strong it only creates resentment and a false sense of righteousness and a silly sense of bravado, almost childlike to the rest of the world. Showing pictures of aircraft carriers or fighter planes gets embarrassing and stale. But if you served in the service, that is something to be proud of showing that off is good. It is nice to honor a man or woman who serves his or her country, to be proud of a child or grandchild who does, and so it is to brag about a child or grandchild.

A graduation being noted, an achievement being recognized, are all good things and rightfully so for a parent or grandparent on Facebook. Those cute pictures of children and grandchildren only help but beautify the Internet, and make us forget about the ugliness that is out there in the world.

To make someone smile, to tell a joke or two is good for the soul, both the tellers and the readers, it is something fun and neat.

The best thing by far is finding old friends from childhood or old work places of long ago, makes for some great discoveries and happy moments. And the helpful hints, the ways to get ride of fruit flies or crud, the pictures of recipes that sound enticing and you can’t wait to try!

And so like millions everywhere I am becoming a little addictive to Facebook. So what?

Some of the people she bosses at home

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY VERY FIRST NIECE, LAURIE ANN O’HARA!

I’m very proud of her because she has just recently received a promotion in the South Country School District as a department head! Yup, another bossy lady I know!

No comments: