Friday, May 16, 2014

ABOUT FACE-BOOK


Dear Facebook Friends,

Facebook is a lot like an old photograph, once you see it two or three times, you tend to put it away. The people you get to meet, the people you remember from the past, the people you will meet, all within the context of this social media make it become something you take for granted. You could not imagine this kind of communication growing up as a teenager and later as a young adult.

My life is constantly changing and evolving into something new just about everyday. Since my retirement I have been having fun for the most part, and don’t see much other than the loss of a loved one interfering with that energy.

Recently I made a decision to like that preverbal old photograph: put it down for a while but not throw it out, it is too good a memory. I planned to divert my attentions to other things and move on with my life. This has become an impossible task since I made that decision! I keep getting posts on my post asking, telling and even begging me not to do it, so I decided to revisit that decision and went ahead and renewed some old acquaintances and make some new ones, I decided not to leave you crazy people after all!

Maybe it’s just plain old love working!



No comments: