Thursday, May 15, 2014

A GOOD PRESCRIPTION FOR WHO NEEDS YOU


The other day I went to my pharmacy to pick up some medications. As you should know by now, Dr. Strangeglove keeps prescribing medications to save me. What he is saving me for I don’t know?

Now my doctor sends in the prescriptions via his computer, and is very proud of himself that he knows how. I sometimes wish he had that confidence in his medical skills, and I always hold my breath when I pick up the drugs.

Entering the pharmacy, I head to the drug counter and find another old geezer ahead of me, I call the aisle I enter, “Geezer’s alley” because that is how we all go on line. This place has two electric sign computers, where you sign your signature electronically saying yes you are on drugs and no, the cops won’t bother you about it.

I ask if they have my prescriptions ready, and hold my breath. They look and as I am about to pass out from holding my breath, she whips out this white paper bag. I tell the gal how many there should be, and hold my breath once again. Slowly she records each prescription, and as she does: I start to let little bits of air escape (from my mouth this time) and she comes out with the correct amount. I fully exhale.

When you enter or leave the pharmacy, at the main entrance there is a coffee stand where you may help yourself to coffee and cookies as a customer. It is a nice touch and once in a while I stop for a cup of Joe. Around the coffee usually are two or three old guys, just standing and socializing. One asked the other if he had seen someone’s new wife: that ‘the someone’ had brought his new wife in just a while ago! The guy he was talking to said out loud he was surprised it lasted this long.

CHEERS!
As I got into my car I started to laugh to myself thinking: wow so no more bars, and the drinks are free, and what better place for old guys to hang out at than the local Pharmacy!


No comments: