Thursday, May 29, 2014

WAIT A MINUTE …


Or more.

It seems that lately all I do is wait. I go to Doctor Strangeglove and I wait 2 hours over my appointment time. The people stroll in or in some cases limp in with knapsacks filled with water and provisions for the long haul. Every appointment, every time, runs late. I once tried to get the first appointment of the day, and he was leaving his office from the night before! The reason he is always behind is he is such a good doctor, and has saved my life once.

My mechanic is another one, and probably makes as much money as the good doctor. Make an appointment two days in advance, and he still calls me to tell me he hasn’t gotten to my car yet! Of course the longer I wait the more expensive I imagine it to be, but the man is an honest mechanic, and has never cheated me in almost 40 years. Maybe he is worth the wait.

Then lately (pardon the pun) there is jetBlew, who made me not only wait interminably, but even added hours onto my flight time, both going and coming! I hate waiting.

Once many years ago, I went to an ophthalmologist who kept me waiting 2 hours! For some reason I was steaming mad and told him off, that my time was just as valuable as his, and that her should respect my time if he expects me to follow his calendar. He meekly apologized and it was then that I realized that he wasn’t the fault: his good abilities made him late he did his job well.

Of course there is always the checkout lines at the supermarket to cheer me up. I might even give up on-line banking for a chance to get annoyed on a teller line.

I guess I have to learn to pick my spots.


No comments: