Saturday, May 30, 2015

DON’T BLINK


Enjoy yourself: it’s later than you think.

It seems that after every Memorial Day, the rest of the summer just flies by! We clean the bar-b-q and need to take it out again for the 4th of July. We get excited about Opening Day in baseball, when all of a sudden 1/3 of the season is already over. I gauge my summers by when I open the pool, and when I close it. This makes for a short summer since I open it in late June and close it in late August, while cleaning the Bar-b-q for the Memorial Day weekend. The year jumping ahead once more, and it doesn’t pause.

I remember when we moved into my present home, how strange things seemed to be to me, then all of a sudden I’ve renovated and have gotten so comfortable that I didn’t notice that I’m living there over 30 years!

But then, I was the same guy who used to wish he was older, that tomorrow would come sooner, and was always in a rush to do things, now all I want to do is slow down, pull in the reins so to speak. What the Hell is the hurry.

Sometimes I go to a grocery story and have only one item, I get behind a person with many and they kindly offer me the opportunity to move up, but I decline, I thank them but tell them I’m retired, I’m in no hurry anymore, let me smell the freshly ground coffee instead.

This summer I reach a milestone birthday, yes I’ll be 30 once again, and I don’t believe it is possible. Why I remember my 6th birthday like it was yesterday, looking at the baseball calendar my Dad hung up on the pantry door , seeing that Brooklyn was playing Philadelphia that day.

And so this year will fly by, the Autumn and Winter will set in and I will wish for it to stay a while, the coolness and the dry air, all a relief from the humidity of the past few months, until that is when February rolls around and I wonder where the Hell is Spring, and ‘Oh NO! Not more snow!” AND SO IT WILL GO.

Why don’t blind people go skydiving?
Because it scares the bejesus out of the dogs!





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it makes time stand still!



Forgotten NY is the first recipient of the
Outstanding NYC Website award by
The Guides Association of NYC!



No comments: