Saturday, May 09, 2015

TIME FOR THE RACETRACK


A couple moves into to a new home. After a few days, as the husband returns home from work, his wife says to him, "Honey, one of the pipes in the bathroom is leaking, could you fix it?"

"What do I look like, a plumber?" Asks the husband, and goes to sleep.
  
A few days later, the wife once again turns to her husband and says, "honey, my car doesn't start, I think it may need a new battery, could you change it for me?"

"What do I look like, a mechanic?" asks the husband with a frown.

A week goes by, and the wife once again turns to her husband and says, "Dear, the roof is leaking, could you do something about it?"

"What do I look like, a roofer?" asks the husband. "Take care of these things yourself!"

He then leaves home for a week on a business trip. "When I come back," he says to his wife, "I'd like all these things taken care of."

He comes back a week later and is astonished to discover the roof is fixed, the car is running and the pipes are brand new.

"Great! How much is that going to cost me?" he snarls at his wife.

"Nothing at all." said the wife. "The neighbor popped in and turns out he's a
 handyman, he said he'd fix the whole thing if I just bake him a cake, or sleep with him."

"Wow," said the husband. "What kind of cake did you make him?"

"What do I look like," exclaims the wife, "a baker?"

There comes a time as you get older that the news isn’t always good or normal. The hard fact that you are reaching an age of physical breakdown is kind of sad, especially when you get a an unexpected call from your physician.

After visiting my doctor the other day, he sent out my blood samples to a lab and then two days later called me in the middle of the day to tell me that I had a problem. My kidneys are not as good as they one were. He is attributing it to old age for now, since the blood test show an abnormality.

This concerns me since my mother had cancer in one of her kidneys and had to have it removed. This does not mean I have cancer but it means I can start to realize I am breaking down, and that is a possibility perhaps.

He the doctor told me to drink more water, at least one more glass a day, which I am doing, so I don’t think he considers it as an eminent threat right now. In three months I will see him again, so I will do it of course, and drink even more than that.

But something sticks in my mind, and that is I have been on occasions experiencing blood in my urine, but it lingered once for several days and since then it has occurred not too frequently or on sure a duration, maybe a day at the most. When I go back to see the doctor, if things aren’t better, I will tell him. But right now, I won’t panic or be afraid. I guess it is time for me and the old race track for old geezers.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Don't panic, Joseph......your one step ahead of the game, as they say.........God Bless.