Tuesday, May 19, 2015

BOY DOES THAT HURT!!!


I’ve had several root canals done on me and I can truly say they never bothered me, but the last one was an exercise in dying, suddenly!

It all started with visiting the dentist and his assessment of my teeth and the need for some bridgework. As it stands now I have more bridging and tunneling going on in my mouth than the Metropolitan Transit Association of New York City.

As the dentist Dr. Gumster probed he decided that I had a bad molar crown lower right #31 and that the nerve was exposed, causing me great shock when I ate or drank and breathed.  If you talked to me I would begin and when I started to talk would sound like I fell in love with you! This had to stop because most of my friends are married, and a great number are men!

Even worse, if I dined out, I would bite down to chew and would forget which side to protect, looking like I was stabbed in the knee, causing the waiter or waitress to run to the kitchen to report my extreme look of dismay with the food, that in turn caused the chef to come out and taste test the food.

But this time I sat in the dentist chair confident, he would do his usual work and the pain would desist, and I could get out of the place in no time. Then the needles, oh the needles! Dr. Gumster decides: One needle for the side of the gum, one for the hinge in the jaw and one of course for good luck. Sweet Baby Jesus, that wasn’t enough! He asks if I’m numb yet, this after 43 years of marriage and 3 kids, I just shake my head yes.

Never say "AH" in these chairs, it sounds stupid!
Pulling up his chair he begins poking, and I am getting the feeling that I feel something, like pain, where the nerve is exposed. I wince and he probes some more. I wince louder, he probes more and the louder I get. He decides one more needle, or maybe two would be nice.

Backing up across the room, needles in hand, he takes a running start and into my gums he stabs! RIGHT IN THE EXPOSED NERVE!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHH, TAKING ANOTHER NEEDLE AND STICKING IT DIRECTLY INTO THE NERVE ONCE MORE AND LEAVING IT THERE ASKING: IS THE PAIN GONE YET?

Finally, finally gum area is feeling numb, making it consistent with the rest of my body and mind. Turns out the roots were closing up exposing one of the nerves. So after about a life-time of digging and whatever it was he was doing he managed to fix the problem! Thank You God!

A lady sitting in the dentist chair told the dentist, "I would rather go through the pain of child birth than have you drill in my mouth." The dentist replied, "Well, you had better make up your mind so I can adjust my chair.


 


LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it helps build strong bones and healthy teeth!



Forgotten NY is the first recipient of the
Outstanding NYC Website award by
The Guides Association of NYC!


No comments: