Thursday, May 21, 2015

DON’T I LOOK PRETTY?


I was reading an article about how celebrity men manage to look younger than they are. They have access with their money to skin care management that the ordinary Joe doesn’t.

After                                                               Before
Older guys get old and hide it behind a beard or facial hair of some kind, and even wear ponytails to go along with it. The youthful look escapes them but they try. Now women have been fooling men and themselves for years, and the older the women gets, the more attractive she seems to me, makeup or not, skin care or not. I say this as I get older and think the younger gals seem to lack the wisdom and grace that older women acquire. The younger women will at some point get there too.

But men doing things like their nails, and hairstyles, skin care and all the cosmetics being sold over the counter makes me uneasy. I always thought it a women’s world, you don’t see me with either a purse or an earring, and it stems from my upbringing, where I came from and of course my Dad’s influence.

Before

After
Once TLW (The Little Woman) purchased through a Sears catalog a shirt and tie for me way back in the 1970’s. The shirt was blue and the tie was a pink knit tie. Now TLW is very good at selecting ties for me, I never had a tie she didn’t like except for the one I choose for free since I bought a suit. It was ugly, and yes it made me uglier. Dad thought I was turning effeminate and soon would be whistling show tunes. He rode my butt over the color of that tie until I took it off.

But to do my nails, CARRY A “MAN’S” PURSE or wear an earring would never fly. I grew up in Brooklyn, if that got out, I’d probably get jumped, beaten and killed, and that would be from the girls in Brooklyn, because girls go first! Besides, Dad would climb out of his grave and tease me to death!

Teacher: "Children, what does the chicken give you?"
Student: "Eggs!"
Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the fat pig give you?"
Student: "Bacon!"
Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
Student: "Homework!"





LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, you'll look a hundred years younger!


Forgotten NY is the first recipient of the
Outstanding NYC Website award by
The Guides Association of NYC!


No comments: