Saturday, May 23, 2015

IS IT TIME?


Recently I have been losing my enthusiasm for writing this Blogue. It has been 9 strait years of writing everyday, and although the compulsion to write is strong, I feel like I have said everything I want to say.

It seems like a motor for me to write everyday, since I retired yet, I have been busy with other things and they consume my interest yet I question how interesting it would be to you? Again, that forms a doubt in my mind about continuing to write.

Over the last few years I’ve seen and heard things that disappoint me, make me wonder why they needed to happen and get disgusted. That is not what I want to bring everyday to loyal readers.

Then there is the ‘comments’ box that doesn’t get filled enough for me to think it warrants my continuation in this format any longer, that maybe it is time to say goodbye. I have tried before  (twice) to break off this blogue and move on as they say: yet I would miss writing. But there are other formats that I could write to, including a novel I am thinking about and some short stories. My beautiful granddaughter is filling a void in my life and lifting me up yet how much of that can I write about that would hold your attention for long?

I’m proud of the blogue, I think it is unique, and was a lot of fun to write sometimes, it gives me an outlet to voice my concerns, make fun of myself and life in general and given me a unique opportunity to create a bazaar world of sorts, all in the name of fun, that had to be because I wanted it to be me first.

And so the next few days I will think about it once more, and honestly am leaning to do away with it.

1 comment:

Diana said...

HI Joseph. Please don't feel because they're aren't a lot of responses that no one is reading your blog. I, for one, would miss it......the everyday things of life that we can all relate to, the stories that made us laugh, and cry, the wisdom and knowledge of things we didnt know, and maybe because I know you all, the memories of both our families "growing up" on Maple ave. You put pictures up sometimes that I would say to myself, OMG! I remember that! I'm POSITIVE I'm not the only one that feels this way.....I'm sure there's plenty more to write.........and life goes on..........Best always whatever you decide. :-))