Wednesday, May 06, 2015

PUTTING SOME BITE IN MY PROTEST


"Open wider." requested the dentist, as he began his examination of the patient. "Good God!" he said startled. "You've got the biggest cavity I've ever seen - the biggest cavity I've ever seen." "OK Doc!" replied the patient. "I'm scared enough without you saying something like that twice." "I didn’t!" said the dentist. "That was the echo."

Last year I started some dental work. Since I’m so old I decided to get some bridgework instead of posts since I don’t think I’ll live long enough to outlast bridgework, and it is cheaper. Yes, when it comes to myself I’m cheap! In the process the dentist puts on temporary caps while the bridge is assembled for weeks later. I so happened that the temporary cap of one tooth came off and I had to go back in an emergency to have it put back on. Things like that happen, no big deal.

I am in the midst of another bridge, and what do you think? I bite into a piece of cheese and out pops a temporary crown, dethroned once again! I don’t panic, I say: “OH $#!T!” I remember the dentist saying to come right down if the caps were to come off. So with crown in bag off I go to the dentist office.

“I have to see the dentist, my crown fell off!”

“The doctor is with another patient, you will have to wait.” (I already paid for the bridge!)

“How long will it take?”

“Do you have an appointment?”

“Appointment? No! It just fell out!”

“Well the doctor can’t see you, he has a patient, you will have to wait.”

“How long?”

“About a hour and a half, maybe more. Please have a seat.”

I sit for about a half hour and grow madder by the minute, after all, I expect his work to stay where it is suppose t be, an he did tell me if it came out to come right down.

I get up from my chair and ask if they could at least inquire for me how much longer it will take.

“At least another hour and a half!” I am told, after they do inquire.

Then give me an appointment as when to come back, I can’t wait and waste any more of my time.

Not to be misunderstood about how dumb they can be the receptionists looks up her calendar and says: “I don’t have an opening until June!”

Here it is, I have an emergency, my nerve is exposed and they are telling me that based on their shoddy work, they can’t get to me until another month, meanwhile I’m supposed to have a root canal done in a week and a bridge put in the following week all with the month they can fit me in!

“I can’t believe it! Here I am spending thousands of dollars and you treat me like this? GET ME AN APPOINTMENT NOW! I WANT IT VERY SOON!” They go scurrying back to the dentist who says he will come in tomorrow before hours to take care of me.

I’ll take it, and plan for another doctor in another location.



LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, it will leave you with a toothy smile!






No comments: