Monday, June 03, 2013

I MAY HAVE ALREADY LOST!


When I worked for a large mail order company, we used to sit around and create headlines for imaginary ads and mailings. One of the oldest and most popular went:

“YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY WON… BUT PROBABLY NOT!”

We all had a good yuk and moved on.

Recently my mother called me one afternoon with a question.

“Joe, I have a question for you.”

“Oh! Hi Ma!”

"He looks good!"
“I got this letter but threw it out immediately. It stated that Joseph A. Del Bloggolo passed away in 2001 and that I have the right to claim some unclaimed funds!”

“Oh Ma, it’s just an… I WHAT!!!???”

Yes, it said you passed on and because you did, I get a lot of money!

“Gee Ma, I know I don’t always feel good, but I didn’t think it was that bad! Then for you to lose all the unclaimed funds because I forgot to lie down!”

“You’d tell me if you did do such a thing, no?

“Ma, I’ll certainly try.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the same letter on Friday. I'm not kidding! It had a few typos. It must be a spin on the Nigerian Prince scam that usually happens over email. The crazy thing about it was that they faked it to look like it came via "Air Mail" from Great Britain.

-#1 Son