Saturday, June 08, 2013

IT DOESN’T WANT TO GO AWAY!


Its been on my mind for the past month at least, and on and off since February. The pain emanating in my back has taken on a new personality, one of:  in your face, or should I say in your back stabbing pain. It went from dull to stabbing and it is starting to effect my walking.

From pain that started out as just a discomfort in February to difficulty in late April to stabbing, whimpering pain in June, it just won’t go away and won’t lessen..

I have a high tolerance for pain, and I can tolerate this but it is getting worse and different. It started in my lower back and now seems to have settled on the right side. Although I can still sleep, it is encroaching into my ability to sit pain free in my soft recliner. Hard chairs are another story.

I’m on a medication that is NOT helping, and although the physical therapy helps me be more limber, it is not doing anything for the pain. I’m starting to get angry because all the surgeon is doing is extending the period of pain.

One of the things that’s on going in my mind is something other than just old back pain. I say that because it came on all at once, and has manifested itself in many ways. Different location, intensification and now even when stepping it is hurting when I walk and I am shocked enough that I kind of shout out.

Maybe I’m being a baby, and should try to suck it up, but seeing a doctor and then a surgeon plus his physical therapist has not help, and it IS getting worst. For my part, I’m getting angry!

No comments: