Tuesday, April 01, 2014

GOOD MORNING, I WAS THINKING…


Every morning, when I go to visit mom, there is a lovely young woman who sits at the desk of the Bellhaven Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care in the main lobby. She greets me with a very warm hello and asks how I am. I happen to find that a wonderful way to start my day, so I look forward to seeing her to start the day visiting mom. Recently I ask about her job and she told me she also worked as a cheerleader instructor after hours, five days a week, and if you look at her pretty face, she does bring on cheers.

One of the things the lovely lady told me was that she does these two jobs, and at the end of the day she is bone tired. I thought how wonderful that she is so dedicated to her two jobs and at the day she is bone tired, but feels accomplished! Good for her, I wish more young people were like that.

Driving one morning to the center I started to think about her and the fact that she does work so hard and came up with a plan.

I entered the lobby and was greeted with the million-dollar smile she owns, and asked her how she was also, I then made my suggestion; "I was thinking: why don’t you start a TV show like Letterman?" I asked. "What you do is get some TV camera crew and interview all the people who come to visit? You could have a celebrity status and make money from sponsorships. Someone comes in, you ask how it's going and who they are seeing, interview them and create instant celebrity status with some very unhappy people. I know I would watch!"

Suddenly her face lit up, she looked like she found a million dollars with her name on it! Looking up at me, she asked: “Would you sponsor me?” With that smile, you bet!

No comments: