Monday, April 28, 2014

THURSDAY NIGHT MANIA


It is a Thursday evening, and I am sitting in my chair watching a re-run of The Big Bang Theory, as the clock inches quickly toward 8:00 PM.

The visages of the supper I prepared are settling in as I sip the remnants of a Jack Daniels Manhattan, life is good. I drop a stupid comment or two on Facebook and precisely at 8:00 PM I take the remote and plug in CBS, where a familiar introduction appears.

Incredible talented people all!
I try to follow the intro as it is fast with quick movement on the screen, documenting in visuals all the years of life on Earth flashing by. I try to keep up but can’t, besides, I’m too excited about the show, The Big Bang Theory’s latest offering.

I pay very close attention to the credits, I won’t move my head, ignore any conversation and focus, focus, and focus. Soon they start to roll, in white knockout type against the moving visuals of funny. The introduce the actors and producers, the crew of technical support and then:

Anthony Del Broccolo appears:

Me: “OOOOOOOOH! There it is! It’s him!!!” I turn to my wife and say: “That’s MY SON’S Name!”

Of course she has to interrupt me and say: “OUR SON!”

A bossy broad if ever there was one!

But every time I view his name on the screen, I think of my Dad and how thrilled he would have been to not only see his namesake do so well, but the kick he would have gotten out of seeing his name on the credits. Take a bow, Dad.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

A sense of humor does not just appear. Anthony was raised in a home where laughter was heard often, so the fact that he is a talented comedy writer is no surprise.

Michele DePalo said...

I absolutely agree with what Jim said. And I never realized that #1 Son was named after your Dad. How proud he would be indeed!