Sunday, April 13, 2014

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT NONSENSE

-->
We have decided to bring mom home from the nursing home and have her finish up her days in her own home. She has expressed this to us numerous times and we have decided that if this is what she wants we should try to make it happen for her.

When she went into the nursing facility, we thought she would never leave again, so we prepared for the event as best we could. In looking over her finances, I decided to cancel her phone and Cable service at her home since she would not be there. Now that we have reversed the decision I had to restore everything back to its original state.  Off to the cable company I go to put back her cable and this time, instead of a separate carrier, I would combine her phone with the cable bill.

Makes sense, no?

Apparently not!

I got to the Cablevision store and see Betsi (spelling correct), and we begin the discussion of restoration and the glories of combining it with a phone.

I tell Betsi (spelling correct), what I want, and she tells me I can’t reinstate the cablevision!

“Why not?” I inquire.

Because: I’m not my mother. (Maybe if I hit her with a wooden spoon I would be?)”My mother is paralyzed on one side, she can’t walk, or move her hand to sign, I tell Betsi (spelling correct), but old Betsi (spelling still correct), won’t budge.

Trying to salvage my temper, I ask to speak with her supervisor. Out comes Betsi’s (spelling correct), supervisor. “Can I help you sir?”

Yes, I want to create an account for my mother and Betsi (spelling correct), says I can’t because I’m not my mother. Obviously, Betsi (spelling correct) has met my mother and I’m no mother!

Betsi, (spelling correct), sitting off to the side listens and then states that she told me what company policy is. But her supervisor takes my side and says the man needs the service, so what can we do? I pipe up that I am a customer and that should be good enough for the cable company. Then Betsi’s (spelling correct), supervisor’s eyes light up and says: ”You could open the account in your own name, and I happily thank her.

Now, about combining phone with cable I ask.
  
I can’t. In my mother’s area, they won’t sell me a phone service with cable service. But would I be interested in a triple play? Unless she is talking about the Mets hitting into one, I’m not interested. Mom doesn’t use a computer, so why pay for Internet service? Poor Betsi (spelling correct) gets a look of doom, like here comes another nut case customer like it’s her fault that I can’t get what I want.

“Betsi? Can I get the phone service separately? Can it be a separate entity?”

“You’d be better off using another carrier, it would be cheaper.” Says Betsi (spelling correct), 

WOW! They turn away customers they are so big!

No comments: