Tuesday, July 24, 2018

FULFILLING THE PROMISE


After days of countless times checking the internet at usps.com, I finally found the news that my little package to La Principessa was delivered to her. As you may know, already the package contained a locket with pictures of Courtney, Darby’s mom and a picture of Darby and her mom in heart-shaped frames within the locket.

I called my #1 Son Anthony and he informed me that Yes, the locket just arrived but he hadn’t opened it yet since he had just come home from food shopping with Darby, who wanted to start eating what they were buying in the store.

Darby is full of life, more life than anyone I know and that life kept me from breaking down a few times as she did for everyone else who spent the time of dealing first-hand with the circumstances that surrounded our all getting together in support of each other.

About an hour later I got an email from #1 Son:
‘She keeps walking around the house saying, “This is soooo special!”’

A special little girl getting something special, how right is that?
I hope she remembers me when I’m gone.


No comments: