Friday, July 20, 2018

KEEPING A PROMISE TO MYSELF


Recently I wrote about my beautiful granddaughter wanting a small picture of her mom that she could carry so mommy would be everywhere Darby went. This idea was La Principessa’s and it struck a chord.

I came up with the idea of getting Darby a locket for her to wear with her mom’s picture in it. So out to Macy’s, I went to find a locket, it had to be heart shaped and beautiful like Darby Shea.

Finding a locket was fun and easy. Even paying for it was easy, but getting a picture that would fit into a heart shape and as small as it would need to be was the hard part. I have hundreds of pictures, so choosing was hard, and then I needed to reduce the photo and conform to the contours of the tiny heart shape, a major undertaking!

As I looked and worked and thought about how to conform to the size and shape, I found a cutout of the heart in the locket, which I scanned and called into Photoshop, then pasted in the picture after I reduced it to fit.

So I go on my happy way as the locket has been mailed to Darby Shea, I hope she likes it and it reminds her of her mother. I also hope that when she wears it she will remember me when I’m gone too.

No comments: