Tuesday, December 31, 2019

IT IS ENDING!


Another crap-filled year is finally over. 2020 promises to be just as crappy, too.

I have decided to try to change my fate if I can on a more positive note. This past year was filled with disappointments, illness and some anger, troubling suspicions and tiredness from all of life. I guess I wouldn’t be disappointed if 2020 was my last year and it finally ends. Diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure all lends them to my demise sooner or later.

Meanwhile, I am still here doing what I did in March, July, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and will do tomorrow, visit my daughter in a dreary drab facility for half a day.

This New Year’s Eve I’m going to bed the regular time and don’t want to count the minutes or do anything any different than any other night. I could never understand the idea and never got excited about the calendar changing, signifying we are all getting older and are all mortal. Party pooper? Yes, I am this year.

There are few New Year’s Eve parties I’ve gone to in my lifetime. The last one was in the Mediterranean Manor in Patchogue over 30-years ago! That was a full-fledged New Year’s Eve party with party hats, noisemakers, and booze. You need to have just one in a lifetime and then move on. I will look over to the other recliner this year, wish TLW the best New Year ever, kiss her and head off to bed contented she is near. As long as the Little Woman (TLW) and my children are healthy I am happy.

There are people that I will no longer see in life, the ones that disappoint me, make me see shallowness in them or just are users, I wish well. There are new people in life to come and the ones I know and love, you dear reader: that I write to every day.

HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR!

No comments: