Friday, June 16, 2006

FINDING THE RIGHT MIX

My mailbox is smoking, as the graduation invites start rolling in, and we prepare for our own party. Of course when you plan for something, nothing goes right, as the weather man doesn’t cooperate, and because of that the pool service, and lawn service are all behind. Add to the mix the fact that the weather impacts everything when you have as much rain as we have had lately. The mildew seems to have overcome everything, and it makes life harder when you live with the Little Woman. I’ve decided that she missed her calling. Her talents are utilized improperly, the Little Woman should have been a work colony foreman, or a prison guard for a road gang.

I’m doing hard time presently, as the foreman or should I say forewoman marches around the yard, snapping out orders and finding assignments for me to do. Any slacking off will immediately cause me to spend time in solitary confinement, on bread and water rations. The water will probably come from the top of the pool cover as we pump that everyday all day in prep for the pool man to come and open the darn thing before the party.

Yesterday was spent scrubbing the brick down to eliminate the mildew. Devising mixtures to effectively make the scrubbing easier, the Little Woman has once again, and she always has in the past, improvised, and come up with solutions to new problems. I need her to come up with a new improvisation-my poor sore body, needs relief. We do have a robot that cleans the pool, climbs the walls, and does the steps too. Can’t she find a robot to take my place? “Aquabot” is the name of the robot for the pool-how about “Husabot”to replace me? It could do all the work outside, pick up the kid at night, and even sit and listen when she talks. I’m sure if she thinks about it long enough, she can come up with a solution.

No comments: