Sunday, October 22, 2006

AN EDUCATED WASH AND DRY, OR FOLDING SLOGANS

Every now and then I have to do the wash, and consequently, take everything out of the dryer and fold. It has become a real education. Almost a serial of readings, and I find myself running out of time as I take the time to read.

What am I reading you ask? #2 Son’s T-shirts of course, spread across every one, all in different colors are the various causes he supports. Some of these shirts are purchased to push my buttons, (I pay to have my buttons pushed,) some are statements designed to disagree with me, some are to show his independence from conformity, and some: I have to get back to you about.

It all started with his buying stuff from the Old Soviet Union store, on line of course. Red with a big golden hammer and sickle, the T-shirt comes in the mail from Russia, written in a strange looking strained calligraphy, addressed to “Comrade #2 Son” who has the foresight to get Mom to charge it to Dad’s account via a charge card. Some have pictures of Karl Marx or Lenin, and so far none of Joe Stalin. But all praise the “Worker’s Paradise” and wail against the inequities of capitalism toward the workers of the world! At my expense, on my charge card, mailed to my capitalist address. One shirt is for the Working Party, with a slogan about some kind of bad thing that must be happening to workers somewhere in the world.

Comrade #2 Son was recently rewarded with a used car that he needs for school and his social life, and my sanity. He has very strict requirements before I could purchase it. Does it have a CD player, because after all, he can’t use his $250 Worker’s I-Pod while driving one of his little comrade girlfriends around? You’ve seen them: long purple hair, tight jeans and paper jewelry all designed to attract the masses of workers.

Parents of the Workers of the World unite, you have nothing to lose but your endless chain of charge card bills for commie slogan T-shirts! LONG LIVE CAPITALISM-MAKE HIM PAY FOR HIS OWN STUFF, AND WHILE HE’S AT IT, HE CAN WASH THEM TOO.

No comments: