Thursday, October 12, 2006

I KNOW WHAT I WANT-JUST ASK TLW

Hardly a day goes by that I don't stand corrected. Standing corrected means getting it straight from TLW (The Little Woman), and not disputing it.

Without checking out facts, without any confirmation of any kind, without a kind of corroboration, TLW can give me the scoop. I on the other hand have a pooper-scooper to pick up the pieces as she knocks down the theories I may have, one at a time.

Being right all the time was never my inclination, although I do from time to time get it right! Just recently I said it was raining, and TLW concurred.

A few days ago the local nut case in the neighborhood seemed too have disappeared. I noticed his car was gone, and the house darkened. This was a whole day of observation on my part, so I knew I would be correct when I announced the news to TLW. The moment was ripe, the setting perfect, I would spring the news on her, and be credited with a major scoop. So I thought.

ME: “Guess what.”
TLW: “What?”
ME: “The Nut Case moved!”
TLW: “How do you know?”
ME: “There was no one there all day, the car is gone and the house is dark!”
TLW: “No he's not, I just know he didn't.”
ME: To myself: “We'll see smarty pants.”

The next day, the Nut Case was watering his lawn and his car was parked in the driveway.

I think the Nut Case and TLW set me up, but pass me my pooper-scooper, please.

No comments: