Wednesday, October 18, 2006

THE JOY OF VICTORY- THE AGONY OF DEFEET

Today I have to buy a used car.

You can’t buy a better day than yesterday. If you are a father, yesterday stood out with the best of them. #2 Son got his license! Yes, despite some let downs, he overcame all those disappointments and did it. Not only did he do it, he did it like a pro.

When your kid runs into a rough patch, it seems to hurt you more than your kid, and when the kid handles it better than you can, you are really proud of him.

I treated him to lunch, right after the road test, and we both really felt good about him. He has a heart bigger than the great outdoors, and I hope he remembers to thank his Mom for all she did for him to get his license. The small joys of our little victories make us all 10 feet tall. What makes me feel great is that #1 Son who is a few thousand miles away, I know was with him in spirit, and encouraging every step of the way. I really have a great family, and we hang together. They can make jokes about me, but I love that and wouldn’t have it any other way.

After the driving test, I had to go to a doctor’s appointment about my Daughter, who was happy and surprised to find me there. She took me by the hand and walked me around the waiting room for one whole hour as we waited for the doctor. By the end of the visit, my feet were aching, but I wrote it off because #2 son made the day glorious.

Forgive my pride, but #2 Son is coming on strong

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Son #2! He's had quite a year and we're all very proud of him.

And who is this Son #1? He sounds very handsome.