Friday, October 06, 2006

MY MAGNETISM KNOWS NO BOUNDS

This morning I departed from my usual routine and decided to shave in the bedroom with my electric shaver. I usually do this in the bathroom, but today decided to change the venue. My bedroom door has a full-length mirror attached to it, to capture my long face on Monday mornings when I used to go to work.

I left the door slightly ajar and proceeded to shave, looking for all the missed spots, and going into the crevices and deep valleys that now appear on my mug. I shave on occasion now, since I don’t always have a place to go, and I enjoy not shaving. Being how my face was made for radio and photo-less blogs, I feel some maintenance is in order.

While deep into the process of shaving, the door suddenly lurched toward me and I jumped back, startled (doesn’t take much, just doors and #2 son getting up when I call him) I looked around the other side but didn’t immediately see anyone. I looked down and there was my Cocker Spaniel nosing around to see what I was doing.

I went back to the task at hand when sure enough, the same lurch, the same startled reaction, but this time with an Italian swear word my Father taught me at his knee. Unlike the last time, this time a hanger with clothes appeared with this lovely little hand that looked so familiar. It was the Little Woman bringing ironed clothes into the room.

It seems that wherever I am in the house, it is the wrong spot to be in. If I’m in the kitchen, sure enough someone needs to be in that area too. I have to side step, or stick my rear end out for a drawer opening, or twist away while someone goes into the refrigerator. The kitchen is pretty good in size, and I can do a lot of dancing.

The kitchen is not the only place this happens. If I’m in the bathroom shaving, an arm reaches in to take the laundry basket, or some item out of the medicine cabinet, while I’m trying to follow my razor across my face! Let’s not forget the urgent knock and dance ritual if someone is in need immediately.

Even the garage has it’s moments, and I’m beginning to think my family, including the dog think I’m into some covert activity, and need watching.

Excuse me now, I need to move again.

No comments: