Sunday, August 15, 2010

I sCREAM


One of those past hot and humid nights, I decided to have some ice cream. Being how TLW (The Little Woman) was sitting next to me, I asked her if she wanted anything. She said no, so off to the frig I go, with happy thoughts of butter pecan ice cream, sitting in my bowl.

Coming back, I start to eat the joy of ice cream, when TLW gets out of her chair and goes into the kitchen. I hear what sounds like a lot of rustling going on, on the countertop, and a clank into the sink. Returning into the den, she asks: “How is the ice cream?”
“GOOD!” I reply. Simple question, requires a simple answer.

Finishing up the dish of three scoops, I return to the kitchen and put the dish in the dishwasher, when I notice a spoon with the residue of ice cream in it. “Hmmmm, I don’t remember that spoon there before!” I think to myself. So I decide to ask a simple question. “Toots, how was the ice cream?”
Her response is as follows:

“IonlyhadtwospoonfulsnotawholedishofthreescopeslikesomeoneIknow!”
“But I only asked how it was!”
“Youwereaskingbecauseyouhadthreescoopsandfeltguilty!”
“But you asked me the same question, I just wanted a good or no good as an answer!”
“Ohdon’tgivemethat!”
“Good, or not, not a whole dissertation on my ice cream habits would have been enough!”
“OKGOODYOUHAPPY?”
“You really shouldn’t talk in run on letters, it will be very hard to read on the blog.”

No comments: