Monday, August 02, 2010

RANT TIME

There are two phrases that I always get a chuckle out of. The first comes from the major corporations that screw things up for the public, and try to look way above the mistake they made, due to negligence and incompetence. Of course I’m speaking about BP, and the great job they are not doing.

This oil spill or leak will cost the US Taxpayer $10 billion! Should it be our problem, or should the British taxpayer cover that cost? This is a British company, making money here in the US, causing the ruination of wildlife, businesses and leisure time on the beaches. It threatens to travel around Florida and up the coast!

Their CEO was flippant, arrogant and downright stupid, yet even with his removal in October, to be replaced by an American, the problem will not go away soon.
They ran an ad recently on TV stating: (and here it comes folks) “We will do everything to make it right.” Oh! Good, when? How? We the taxpayers will fit that bill.

Then there is my other favorite phrase; exclusively corrupt politicians it seems use this one. “I look forward to my day in court, where I will be fully exonerated.” The most recent to make this declaration of innocence is one Charles Rangel. The esteemed representative from Harlem NY is so innocent: he is now cutting a plea bargain deal as I write this!

Now don’t go away. There is one more rant I would like to leave you with. This is directed toward the famous New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Ah, a nice bunch of folks, who have jobs that have no work but can spend the money, the rider’s hard earned money, and then ask for a raise in fares and salaries. The unions protect the phony jobs that are being held by people that do nothing. I know of one individual who once bragged to me that he was a foreman on the LIRR, did very little for his wages and made a nice living doing nothing. Whenever he heard the sound of a LIRR train whistle, he would laugh because me, and people like me who used the rails were paying for his good times.

The MTA has never run efficiently, never lowered a fare, and never worked like it was supposed to.

So let’s hose them all down: send them to jail and be done with the stinking bunch.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Motion seconded. The really sad problem though is that there are no honest, competent people to replace them.