Tuesday, August 17, 2010

THERE’S A COMEDIAN EVERYWHERE!


I usually like to pick on teenagers and have a little fun at their expense, without being offensive. This time the tables were turned on me!

TLW (The Little Woman) suspects that there is a mouse (Pepino) residing in our basement, and gave me marching orders to buy a mousetrap. Now I don’t enjoy killing animals, or even injuring them, except for rats. (See a recent blogue)

I go to Sears and look around, and since it is a fairly large place, it is difficult to find the product you need sometimes. As I traverse the store aisles, I come upon this young fellow who is putting up stock.

“Where do you put the mouse traps?” I inquire.

“On the floor, usually with a little peanut butter!”

I just look at him for a moment, just to make him feel uncomfortable. I think he is funny, but he needs to earn his laughs at his age.

“I’m sorry. If you go to the Miracle Grow aisle, you’ll find it in there.”

As I leave, I ask if he has an agent.

On my finding it, and still smarting from the wise guy, I return to where I found him and ask: “Plain or chunky?”

“Oh! Go with the chunky, they like to work their teeth.”

The mouse trap I did find you put the peanut butter in a small cup, and 1/8th of a teaspoon worth and Pepino goes inside the trap, then you just throw the trap out, or, toss it over your back fence in a neighbor’s yard. Nice and clean, no getting emotionally involved with Pepino the mouse, slam bam, thank you ma’am and you are done!


Pepino, oh, you little mouse
Oh, won't you go away
Find yourself another house to run around and play
You scare my girl, you eat my cheese, you even drink my wine
I try so hard to catch you but you trick me all the time

The other night
I called my girl
I asked her could we meet
I said let's go to my house
We could have a bite to eat
And as we walked in through the door
she screamed at what she saw
There was little Pepino
Doin' the cha, cha on the floor

Cesta no surecillo a basoccella dinda mur
Ogna sere quella esce quanda casa scura
Endo dindo la cucina balla sulasu
A parrano malandrino pura un gabo sapaur

Pepino suracill ana parta scubari
Managa suracill a casa ma dai
Stasira da cucina nu poco di vino ci au lasciar
A quando si briaggo a Pepino giong apa

Pepino suracill ana parta scubari
Managa suracill a casa ma dai
Stasira da cucina nu poco di vino ci au lasciar
A quando si briaggo a Pepino giong apa

Quella non ci piace u formaggio American
Quella va trova no poca Parmesan
La fatto ghiata ghiat gusto ena cor
Quando cella camina para probino caladur

Pepino suracill ana parta scubari
Managa suracill a casa ma dai
Stasira da cucina nu poco di vino ci au lasciar
A quando si briaggo a Pepino giong apa


artist: Lou Monte lyrics
title: Pepino, The Italian Mouse

No comments: