Thursday, April 19, 2012

GETTING OLD OR…


Not getting it.

Before our trip South, TLW (The Little Woman) went out and bought me a pair of cushions for my shoes in anticipation of all the walking we would be doing around Charleston and Savannah. TLW thought that this would help my feet and keep me comfortable as we march through Georgia and South Carolina.

I took out the two cushions and immediately trimmed them down to fit into my shoes. They were a tremendous help in that my ankle where I had a car accident with compound fractures many years ago didn’t hurt during the day. But I noticed that although my ankle didn’t hurt, the bottoms of my feet sure did.

Standing in a house where a tour of a plantation was going on, my feet were really killing me, and suddenly, a light went on! I had figured out why the bottoms of my feet were in so much pain!

I had the smooth side down on the shoe and the rough ridged side under my sole! It should have been the other way around!

I am getting old, too old to be allowed to walk around without supervision or some kind of caretaker. It was alot like when someone once said the banged their head against a wall, and when they stopped it felt so good!

HOW COULD ANYONE BE THAT DUMB?


No comments: