Sunday, November 18, 2012

IT REALLY DOESN’T TAKE MUCH!

-->
NY Jets Offensive Lineman
As I sat there, wallowing in my tears, first the New York Giants went down, and then the New York Jets, my face was raw from the tears that streaked down all afternoon. To complicate matters, the Macaroni Man, my nephew Christopher filled with Tortellini ala Zio Giuseppe, joined me in deep sobs, mournful cries and utter despair.

At dinner we discussed his mother-in-law and her wanting to get a job, so I said that if she is interested to give me a call and I would try to help her.

Over the years, my recently passed away brother-in-law John, during the baseball season would call me after the many losses the Mets managed to manufacture from whole cloth and it went like this.

Phone ring I say: “Hello?”

“Joe, your Mets suck!” he would then hang up!

This went on all season long.

And so I sat that night watching a movie when my phone rings, and the caller ID says it is the Macaroni Man.

I pick up the receiver and yell: “Your Jets Suck!”

The other end of the line is a long pause.  Something I said? This does not seem like it is going as it should! Finally, a small voice pops up and says: “Joe?”

“Yes?” (God! This is not good!)

“This is Linda, Chris asked me to call you?”

I will now be writing all my blogs from my shed. Leave your message tacked to the door.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ANN!
Today is my baby sister's birthday, Macaroni Man's mother.

No comments: