Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I GET A BIG BANG OUT OF

-->
The Big Bang Theory! And why? Because my son, #1 Son helps make it a success.

The past week, my old high school buddy and big time Mets fan, Michele DePalo asked me if my son was part of the flash dance that the actors and crew performed on the You-Tube clip she posted. It so happened to be the same flash dance TLW (The Little Woman) and I witnessed when we saw then tape the show in LA when we were there!

Then my old buddy from the Board of Directors, Ken (Where are my keys?) Walker sent me an email that asked:
Hi Joe,
   Have you seen this and does your son appear in it?
Ken

Well, needless to say, how cool is this? I asked TLW if she even imagined this when we walked down the aisle so long ago.

I’m sorry, but I am proud of the kid. This is the same kid that read the Kings and Queens of England at 6 years of age! The very same kid who built block structures very unconventionally, the blocks on their sides, not flat! The kid that used to hide from me when I came home from work and jumped on my shoulders from his hiding place, and very same kid that once ambushed me with a water bomb on my head as I climbed the steps of my side entrance to my house one night when I arrived home from work.

This makes me proud that I have a kid like this, and he still loved baseball, the Mets and Jets, the Knicks and Islanders and still likes even though they are perennial losers!

I will try to calm down and think of something more important, but all that comes to mind is he has a great wife, a great mom and a great life, that is all I will ask, I can’t wait for the other guy to get moving too, I know it will be good in his own way!

I try not to brag, but I am so excited!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Sheldon looks terrified!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read this. Very nice -- thank you so much! I wouldn't be there if I you didn't always encourage me. And yes, I am in the video, but not dancing. The "flash mob" was done by the actors and crew as a gift to the writers -- so, occasionally you will see the video cut to the writers watching on the side. I am in that group. Thanks again!

-#1 Son