Saturday, May 18, 2013

THE FLORAL KNOCK


It was late Sunday morning, Mother’s Day and TLW (The Little Woman) was in her recliner, dozing off in the cast of the sun that shone through the sky light in the den. As for me, I was doing a crossword puzzle and waiting for #1 Son to make his customary call for the holiday before we would set off to visit Mom.

Looking up I see a dark blue panel truck pull up in front of the house and a panel door from the back swing open.

“Toots! I think there is someone here for you!”

“Who?”

“I don’t know, we haven’t been introduced yet.”

“So how do you know it’s for me?”

Putting all my clues together I had come to a conclusion, wild as it was, and began to give them to TLW.

“Well, it’s Mother’s Day, you haven’t herd from #1 Son yet, there is a driver coming to the door and holding flowers in her hand. Yes, I think it is for you, at least I’m sticking to that theory until proven wrong.”

Pushing out of her chair she heads to the front door and exchanges pleasantries and takes in the flowers.

“Hmmm… There’s no card with the flowers!”

“No card! Did you look around some more?”

“Yup, no card!”

“Oh! I that case, they are from me!”

“Right.”

I didn’t think she would buy it.

No comments: