Thursday, July 03, 2014

SAY AH!

-->
Many years ago, while in first grade, I had a mean old teacher by the name of Miss Langon. You’ll notice the ‘Miss’ in her name. She was about 95 and still teaching, with a ruler that rivaled my mother’s wooden spoon. She was too old to apply force with the same gusto that Mom did because of her advanced age, but she did bring it home pretty well.

The old girl had trouble with depth perception and with her limited eyesight and hearing for a woman that old, she settled on hostages rather than culprits. More often than not, she would wound up hostages, and I was one of them. Being I was a first grader, I couldn’t tell if she had caught me or was just evening the score with the rest of the class.

Mom had a saying that she would repeat to me every morning as I left the house for school: “If the teacher has to discipline you at school, when you get home, you will get the rest!”

I was a dedicated student. I hated the school, the discipline and the regimentation, and was dedicated to finding ways to get out of it. The dress code, the praying, the memorization of learning, and the harsh discipline if you answered wrong by that old witch Miss Langon made me miserable. I hated school.

You entered the Doctor's office under the steps
One day I went home to lunch with my sister and must have eaten it too fast, leaving me with a pain in my right side. I complained to Mom who didn’t believe me, but said she would take me to the doctor with her that afternoon for her scheduled appointment with Dr. Angressani. The doctor looked like a doctor, with salt and pepper hair and a pencil moustache. His office was on the bottom floor of a brownstone, and in I went with my mother. After talking to Mom, he called me in and said where does it hurt? I told him my right side. Poking he said: “Do you have a test this afternoon in school?” As a matter of fact, I did. “Yes, a spelling-test.” I answered.

Looking at Mom, he said his diagnosis was: ‘A spelling-test.’

From that day on, Mom never let me live that down, yet I did have the pain that must have been gas.


TODAY IS A VERY IMPORTANT WEDDING ANNIVERSARY DAY!

CONGRATULATIONS TO COURTNEY AND 

#1 SON ANTHONY.

They have a lot to celebrate, a beautiful little charmer who I call:

LA PRINCIPESSA


Having a beautiful child, wife and job, in a beautiful area of the country, life is good, so congratulations to a union formed from heaven, just look at the little angel they have!

No comments: