Monday, April 24, 2006

MONDAY, MONDAY, UGH!

Yes it’s Monday. And why not, we had Sunday, so why not Monday? Let me tell you why not. It is the day that means you have to remember what you were doing on Friday, and how happy you were to be leaving it. It means that you have to fire up the old engine and try to build up a full head of steam. (OK, explain that one to me.)

There are more civilized days in the week, Thursdays seem to stand out in my mind, and it is a pre-cursor to Friday, the happiest day of the work week. Tuesday on the other hand, seems to be as bad as Monday, since it is still the beginning of the week. Now if you are married to the little woman, it seems like everyday can be a Monday if you stand still too long. She will find things that need to be done on Saturday that kill the vision that I had of Saturday.

I have tried to out sleep her, wait for her to go off to work, then get up, but unfortunately she knows how to write, and even more unfortunately, I know how to read a little bit, so notes can be left behind. It is also a good idea to be up before she leaves so I can ask questions like; “where do you keep it,” “how do I get there,” or “how do I do that?” This weekend, she didn’t even have to ask, I just vacuumed on my own. I’ve been in training for 35 years now.

Perhaps the worst part of the week is Sunday night. You just know you hate it because it is designed by God to remind you of Monday morning. It’s a lot like over drinking on Saturday night, and having to pay on Sunday Morning. Sure you felt good on Friday afternoon, but tomorrow is Monday.

So my friends, hold on tight, and wait until at least Wednesday.

No comments: