Wednesday, April 19, 2006

KNOCK, KNOCK… YOU’RE DEAD

When I was just married and living in an apartment in East Patchogue, I happened to watch a news magazine program one Sunday afternoon, while I uncontrollably anticipated dinner. The theme of the show was surrogate parents, and adoptive children. My young and beautiful wife (she’s still beautiful) was pregnant to my daughter, and being how we didn’t have children yet, it was a little difficult to fully appreciate all the issues raised in the program.

I was sitting in the living room while the little woman was rattling those pots and pans, when the host of the show asked the question: What would you do if there was a knock on your door, and a child was standing there and said “Hi, I am your spouses child?” Well I couldn’t wait to open my BIGGGGG MOUTH, and jumped up from the couch and yelled out to the Mrs. “Hey Ellen, What would you do if there was a knock on our door, and a child was standing there and said “Hi, I am your spouses child?” Well she came into the living room and repeated the question to confirm it, and answered
“I would tell the child, excuse me for a moment, leave, come back to the child and say: I’m sorry, your father is deceased.”

I can assure you one and all, there are NO unclaimed children in MY past.

No comments: