Thursday, October 22, 2009

DEVELOPING ONE’S POINT OF VIEW

For the last three years, I’ve been going to the same little place in the morning to purchase a roll and coffee. In those same three years, I’ve become a ‘regular’ and they all know me. I like to do things on a personal basis, and think it makes for a better life.

Some of the characters I’ve met I’ve written about, and some of you have related to them. There was the spaced-out clerk behind the counter, (Didn’t get my joke about the Statue of Liberty on a cold day) the little old lady, (Someone’s child), and the lady that meets for an affair in the parking lot.

Today, I added a little more to education and philosophy of life. I shared a point of view with someone who just may consider it.

As I stood paying for my coffee and roll, this guy comes up behind me and starts to talk to the kid behind the counter.

Guy: Did you see the Yankee game last night?
Kid: Yup, man, that Girardi really made a boo-boo!
Guy: Yeah, think they’ll go to the series this year, or another no-show?
Kid: Don’t know.
Me: (This is where I come in) why don’t you guys do like I do?
Guy and Kid both look at me.
Me: I’m a Met fan, we are out of it early, and so we don’t sweat the post season! No agita, no sweat, no staying up late in the autumn, we are all well rested for the holidays!”

I guess I must have spoken in another language, the guy just looked at me and paid for his coffee. (I think he left a big tip!)

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

The Yankees should be relaxing now getting ready to play the Phillies, but no, after a great six-run inning to pull ahead last night, the bullpen gives it away. Good thing I have no hair left to pull out! Fa Napoli.