Saturday, October 17, 2009

FINDING PARADISE AND NAMASTE


TLW (The Little Woman) and I had the pleasure of spending a few days, (Maybe too few) with a very lovely couple of people. People that seemed genuine and just plain easy to be with. That would make them special! I’m talking about TLW’s youngest sibling, her brother Dennis and his lovely sweet wife, SS-I-L (Sicilian Sister-In-Law) Angela. They are a great couple that belong together, and make for a better world.

We spent the time in Colorado, taking in the sights and sounds of a winter wonderland in the summer! We toured Steamboat Springs, and road to the top of a ski slope in a gondola, viewing the down hill slope one would take on skies. I personally have been going down hill for years; so going up has become a novelty for me!

Dennis is President and CEO of a place called Community Residences. http://www.comres.org/news.php It’s a home for people who need one, who suffer from mental disabilities and society’s prejudices.

Angela, no shrinking violet herself, a retired schoolteacher who has volunteered her time to a local elementary school in Aspen Virgin, and has been recognized for her unselfish volunteered tutoring time and classroom assistance.

These people do only well for the world at large, and that has all the value in the world, it is gold.

I wondered if I would be able to survive spending time with another couple, with their wanting to choke me or commit suicide, but they were very gracious and put up with this knucklehead from Brooklyn.

So here are two people, helping adults and children, and doing it not as a job, but with a passion, as for mankind, and if I may speak for all; “Thank you!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thank you from the SS-I-L and what's his name the Irish guy.

N A M A S T E