Monday, November 21, 2011

DOCTOR! DOCTOR, I NEED A DOCTOR!


I checked my schedule, looked at it twice, confirmed it with the two offices where I had appointments scheduled in one day, in the morning no less.

At 8:30 am I see the cardiologist for a scan of my corroded arteries, then at 11:00 am my regular doctor, Dr. Strangeglove.

After the scan, I go home for a cup of coffee and off to Dr. Strangeglove’s office. My calendar says: 11/10 @ 11:00 am Dr. Strangeglove. I enter the office and announce myself, and am told to take a seat.

Now where did I put that pencil???
I get comfortable, open a book I am enjoying and start to read.

“Mr. Del Bloggolo?” (I don’t like the sound of her voice.)

I arise like a phoenix from the ashes, like the resurrection, and go to the glass partition where the receptionist is sitting.

“Mr. DelBloggolo, you are not here!”

“Sure I am, see?”

“No, I don’t see your name on the schedule!”

At my age I have faced many crisis, and think I know what to say when this happens.

“Huh?”

The receptionist looks further and says: “Oh, you are scheduled to come tomorrow, 11/11 @ 10:00 am!”

Some dumbass has switched the 11 with the 10 in the schedule! It wasn’t me this time.

So today, dear Reader, if you would indulge me, and mark on your calendar 11/10/11, as the date DelBloggolo got it right, but everybody else didn’t?

No comments: