Friday, November 25, 2011

IT’S A TRADITION


At least three times a year, as a member and delegate of the Board of Governors of NYSARC, I attend meetings up in either Albany or Westchester, NY. I either drive or ride with my fellow chapter board members and representatives like myself. We are one of the many NY State chapters that represent their county.

There are 5 of us plus our Chief Executive Officer, and usually try to ride together, have some fun on the way up and back from the meetings. At times, some of us will even stop at Arthur Avenue for lunch on our way home, at Trattoria Zero Otto Nove.

In October, I drove and stopped at Arthur Avenue, and then drove to the Huntington Park and Ride to drop off “Ken” (I’ll use Ken to protect his identity) to his car. When we arrived we discovered he didn’t have his car keys! 

A few weeks ago we go to Westchester for a meeting, and all day long “Ken” is reminded about it as we first meet him at the same place to drive on to Westchester.

“Every time I see Joe I think to look for my keys” as he displays them.

We are cruising along on the LIE, when “Ken” starts searching himself. Looking here and there, pockets, floor etc. I get suspicious.

“Ken, did you lose your keys?”
“No-I got them right here.”
“Are you developing a rash then?”
“No, I can’t find my cell phone!”
“Well it’s a good thing you can’t lose your virginity on one of these trips.”

No comments: