Saturday, October 06, 2012

COMING OUT OF MOTHBALLS


As I write this I am thinking about the fact that tonight is the big night for the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. Tonight is “Employee Recognition Night”. This is a night where after looking into a computer all year long and at the members who come in to ask for loans, mortgages and loose change, employees get to see who works next to them.
trouble makers all
For the first time in history, the spouses are invited to partake in the celebration, and help out the employees recognize whom they work with. This is good and allows the spouse to draw a better mental picture of who the main characters are in their spouses wanna-be-banker lives.
Princess Pat, Toot II and TLW
I happen to know a few of the workers, such as TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) look-a-like Toots II, Bow-Tie Lenny and Pat, the Princess of Foxwood Points along with Mr. Fix-it Doug. As a result of this I get to know their spouses, and we can then commiserate when they talk wanna-be-banking.
Me, TLW, Corrine and Mr. Fix-it

Danielle with Bow Tie Man
It has gotten to the point that we now discuss the “educated choices” of the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. and the L-50 and my favorite the L-26 loans with other spouses. You have to be up on these things or they will leave you in the dust.
Lois aka Toots II

I will have to be on my best behavior since Toots II AKA Lois is retiring in January and may not care anymore and give me a noggy on my head as a member and kick the door out as she leaves.

Then there are the other wanna-be-bankers who will be in attendance, wondering what TLW saw in me. TLW will worry about my wandering away from her and talking to the big enchilada if I get close enough. She WILL of course have her hand cupped the whole time incase she has to place it over my mouth.

Bill, Princess Pat, Toots II and TLW
The dinner will be held this year at Mamma Lumbago’s, so they will be getting the best of food, while the Boss gives his speech. I will try to figure out what he is talking about for the first 5 minutes of wanna-be bank speak, then I will drift off wondering if those are her real teeth, that is a toupee’ or they are married to each other. Had the boss given a speech about the current playoff or NFL season, I would probably still do the same thing. I’m not really a bad person, it just si that when I have too much time on my hands I can fall off the Earth.

So I will take my suit out of mothballs and put on a pair of socks other than white and wear a tie while looking for that dress shirt once again.

Pray for me.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I'd say picture them naked during the speeches to help stay awake, but that prospect is too frightening to contemplate. Sweet dreams.