Tuesday, October 02, 2012

MY NERVES


You would think that getting out of the door at 7:15 in the morning to go to Toyota to service my car would be an easy, quiet thing, but that would be assuming things go well for me.


I took the car in and they signed me in immediately and went to work on the car, directing me to the waiting room where they said they would come and get me when they were finished. Taking my Kindle Fire, I found a nice quiet spot in the room to read and relax and think about lunch.

No sooner had I sit down, there is a sudden overhead noise that kicks in and will go on for the duration of my stay in the waiting room. I sounded like an airplane warming up its engines and it kind of penetrates one’s skull.

I open my Kindle and try to ignore the noise, however: that soon ended when someone put on the TV, which contributed to the background noise and made it more distracting since you couldn’t hear or understand what was being said on the TV. I just tried to make the noises tune out somehow while reading, but it was hard.

But that was not the end! No, a family with two children came in! Who the hell plans an outing for the family at Toyota service departments? The mother was on the cell phone while daddy was talking to the service desk. The two little darlings were busy too, fighting with each other, then the son, the youngest of the group, decided to whine and annoy the mother, which in turn annoyed me. But whining is no good unless you can also pick a fight with your oldest sister and scream, making loud noises while the mother continued her animated phone call.

In came dad, in his shorts and flip-flops and a cup of Starbucks in his mitt, plopping down in the front row to watch the TV, oblivious to the two brats.

How can you bring little kids to a place where they shouldn’t be in the first place? Then it is 7:30 in the morning, these kids are rearing to go, not the most placid time to have them loose on society.

I imagined the many ways to do away with the children, different forms of disposal that you could if you plan a little, but I also imagined the best method to make the parents disappear: just shoot them.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Try being trapped 37,000 feet in the air for 3 hours with them...