Sunday, October 28, 2012

THE INN AT FOX HOLLOW


On our way home from Burbank, California, TLW (The Little Woman) and I will stop off at the Inn at Fox Hollow. We will celebrate the past week and enjoy ourselves in some luxurious accommodations.

The last time we did this was in January when we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, and said: “Hey! This is good!”

It is my feeling and has been for a long time that it is important to treat yourself for any reason that there may exist. Life is too short and we tend to make our lives difficult when we go through our days. Every once in a while it is good to stop and say: “Good job!” And why not, who else will?

You have a job, you work hard all day, then all week, then all month, and before you know it, the whole year, and then the year turns to years. You get a vacation, but how well do you treat yourself? YOU. Kids, school or just getting through a crises every now and then deserves a reward.

TLW and I have had some tough periods in our lives that we shared together, and she especially needs to reward herself, If you can’t recognize your own accomplishments then you are a fool, because you deny all your hard work!

How many times have I said to myself: “Gee, I wish I had done that”, or “Damned, I miss that!” So you should make up for that time. Me, I take TLW out on Sundays for breakfast, it is my special treat and we talk to each other freely and enjoy our conversations. That is only a small reward for her being. That is a little way to remind myself that I am lucky to have her and to say thank you. 


Then those special moments come along where we go to the Garden City Hotel or the Waldorf, or the Inn at Fox Hollow to reward ourselves for all the pain we have suffered in the past together. To me that is a good worthwhile plan. It is more than the usual vacation, and we deserve it.

My favorite quote in life is by John Greenleaf Whittier that goes:
Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these-it might have been.”

So every once in a while, enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think!

2 comments:

Michele DePalo said...

Every time you use that quote, it makes me cry because it really hits home for me, too.

Jim Pantaleno said...

Have fun, you two have it coming.