Tuesday, March 26, 2013

THEY KEEP PILING UP!


Birthdays I mean. Every year my kids have a birthday, I tell them to stop but they don’t listen! Today is #1 Son’s birthday, and I’m feeling it!

Since I haven’t been paying close enough attention to it, they have all creped into adulthood, and are almost as old as I am.

I remember the circumstances of each birth, but #1 Son’s was quite an adventure getting to the hospital so he could be born. It was the rainiest of mornings, and I was comfortably asleep in bed, when I was informed that TLW (The Little Woman) wanted to go out. At what must have been 3:30 or 4:00 AM, #1 Son realized that spring training was almost over and he was going to miss opening day, so decided to make his debut.

Since that day I have a tremendous fellow baseball fan, one that I can talk baseball or even football with all day and not get tired of it. But he is a very interesting fellow besides, in other areas of life. His taste for wives is impeccable, having found like his dad, the ultimate woman for him.

But he is interesting in other ways too. I remember my first haircut and what it was like with my dad, and true to form, he was the same way when he got his haircut, he cried! Like his dad, he was a blond kid who wanted to be like his father in so many ways, and then it turned or as they say: the worm turned, and I want to be like him now! He has a great life, a wonderful companion, and lives in a great place, doing what he loves, expressing his far-out opinion in a clever way.

Over the years he has always strived for perfection until one day he realized that perfection is not being perfect, but being happy. He has been a kind, dutiful son, one that has given great pleasure to his parents all his life, and a truly great sibling. He is so honest that like his brother, you are afraid what you will hear or see, because he strikes out at what he thinks is wrong! He has passion for life, and his friends reflect the kind of guy he is, if you met them, you would be impressed.

And so I get another year older, probably not wiser, but yet I really don’t mind, after all, when you have a son, you have it all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY!
Both your grandfathers are smiling down right now!

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy Birthday Anthony.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you and Ellen raised a great kid in Anthony. Claire and I are so pleased in his taste in companions! We love him like a son, and know you both feel the same about Courtney!
Roger Hyde

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Roger you are so right! We love Courtney, and I think they were meant for each other, then again, she comes from beautiful people!