Tuesday, March 19, 2013

HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW!

-->
TLW (The Little Woman) says I never listen to her. She says she talks to me and I don’t pay attention. And now she is making new claims about my attentiveness.

I have to disagree with her: there are extenuating circumstances that cause my temporary disengagement in our conversations.

Furinstance: I’m watching a ballgame, the Mets have no one on base, there are 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth and David Wright is up, has a full count and the pitch is coming down the pike. Suddenly, TLW stands in front of the TV, and I miss the strike out. (What did you expect, I did say the Mets), or The Jets are hopelessly behind, it is the last quarter, they are down by 30 points (They are having a good day!) there are 40 seconds left in the game and the opposition has the ball. Just as the snap is coming, there stands TLW once again telling me something. I miss the end of the game. (See above the Mets)
Before
After
 Then recently, she went out “To get my hair done”, came home and that was it. We go out to the city see a play eat and travel the Long Island Railroad, and I don’t think about saying anything of her new do. Why? Because whenever she does anything to her hair, like a haircut, it is so subtle that it is hard to notice. Well she tells one of her Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. associates I didn’t notice.

Well, I got a haircut, she came home and guess what? Yes, she didn’t say a word! Do you see me going around the world telling everyone she doesn’t notice when I get a haircut? Nooooo!

Let’s face it folks, at our age, we don’t notice too much because it might make us: Irregular, incontinent, tired or force us to miss a nap, so we shouldn’t get too excited about things.

Today is St. Joseph’s Day and I didn’t get any cream puffs again!

No comments: