Saturday, March 16, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DELBLOGGOLO (Again)!


It is now 7 years of daily devotion to you my dear readers! Everyday for the past seven years I have been writing to you like I am writing a love letter to you personally. Love need not be sexual or drama driven, but it needs to be sincere and honest as possible. I have tried to tell it like I feel and I laugh at myself first and foremost. I do that because I am an old fart now and not afraid of anything.

I am reposting my first year blogue once again, because it sums up what my “Mission Statement “ is and I must feel lazy today.

__________________________________________________________

“Yes, it’s been one year since I started this blog, and so far no one has threatened me with a lawsuit, TLW (The Little Woman) is still married to me, and my family is still talking to me! Except for some slashed tires, (Mom, stop it!) no real harm has been visited upon me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DELBLOGGOLO

I have had a fun time with this blog, and hope to continue it and have you readers enjoy it too. I have had some response from a few readers and I am grateful for it and always encouraged by it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DELBLOGGOLO

What makes me motivated to write is that I have a need to laugh and to recognize. I love to laugh at myself, the things that make me who I am, but also I feel that when someone is lying in his coffin, we tend to suddenly remember her/him as a nice gal/guy. Well I like to remember people while they are alive, and let them know it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DELBLOGGOLO

It may be a little melancholy at times, but that is what life is, and that is what I wish to in the final analysis reflect. If I only relate what is funny, I will cheat myself of half of who I am. There is very little political thought in it since I find that extremely personal, and it has no place here,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOU!

Life is gratitude in a way. When you lose something and can’t find it, you miss it, but find it and you are happy. Be it a friend or object, gratitude comes into play. It is akin to a dark cellar, you know there is a bottle of great wine down there, but you can’t see it, so you take a flashlight and shine it, and lo and behold, you are happy, you have found what you are looking for.”

I know that I have found what I am looking for: the distinct pleasure of writing, no matter how badly. I am grateful for the opportunity if it amuses you, or gets you angry with me, because it means we are both alive and kicking.

I believe that there is no shame in being shamed or ashamed, unless you deny yourself the truth.

Thank you for reading this blogue, and thank you for all the wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful responses, I look forward to them and appreciate them all.

By the way I erroneously stated in my Lincoln Blogue a few days past that Todd was the youngest son.

timetraveler said...
Wasn't it the younger son, Tad Lincoln, who was not schooled until after his father's death? A few years later at the age of 18 he died; he became the third of Lincoln's children to perish before adulthood. Robert, the only child to live a full lifetime, was in the military at the time of the assassination.

Yes ‘timetraveler, you are correct! Thank you for clearing it up.  Old fools like me never die, they just blog away!

Thank you all, I love you.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Thanks for all the funny and thought-provoking and heart-warming blogs.

Michele depalo said...

Happy birthday, DelBloggolo!! Keep 'em comin'!