Thursday, March 21, 2013

IT CAN’T BE ANY WORSE


Here I go again, complaining! It seems that the retail world of electronics, should close up all its stores and just go to the Internet.

After my experience with Best Buy, http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=Best+Buy I thought it was just an isolated occurrence until the other day when my electronic car key would not work. TLW (The Little Woman) suggested that maybe it was the battery, and being of sound mind at times, I agreed with her. So off to the store I go, and decide to try Radio Shack, which for years has been Number One in my customer satisfaction. This of course meant going into the store, someone immediately coming over and asking if I needed help. If I had a question, someone would take the time to answer the question and even if necessary draw me a diagram of what may be needed. That was customer service!

That seems to have changed!

As I enter my local Radio Shack, next to the entrance is a young man sitting on the windowsill, deeply engrossed in his i-phone. “Can I help you?” he asks without looking up, or standing. I notice across the store behind the counter of this empty store is another fellow deeply engrossed in HIS i-phone.

“Yes, I need a CR2032 Lithium battery” I say.

Without raising his head, he shouts out to his co-worker: “Get a battery 2032 for this man.” I watch as Tonto does what he is told and I walk over to the counter, already a little miffed about how this is going. Now, I don’t expect a band to play or a welcoming delegation to greet me, just a little respect as a customer who is helping put bread in your mouth, money in your wife’s purse and into the Tax mans grubby paws! Is this too much?

As I stroll to the counter Tonto returns and is standing behind the counter, completely oblivious to my waiting on him, he is looking deep into his i-phone, forgetting I am even standing there!

“Ahem” (Did I spell that correctly?)

“Oh! Sorry!” says Tonto.

It’s getting worse every day. As my paesono Jim from Brooklyn says: “Just part of the dumbing down of America!” http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

It's to the point where I go into every retail transaction expecting nothing and I'm rarely disappointed. Unlike the rude Radio Shack clerk, I appreciate the plug for my blog and thank you profusely.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.