Thursday, March 14, 2013

NO DANGERFIELD ME


I haven’t spoken to TLW (The Little Woman) in days, since I don’t like to interrupt her, but recently I did get a word in edge wise. What I did was call her at work, excited because the Brown Truck Company had delivered a large cardboard envelope on my doorstep addressed to her. It was marked ‘Extremely Urgent’ so I thought it might be important.

It turned out to be a 1-page letter apologizing for screwing up the lobster delivery for Valentine’s Day and that made me feel good. So in the after-mat of all that I got apologies from Lobster Gram, even though it wasn’t their fault, The Brown Truck Company and even a third party in an unrelated incident.

Looking back over the years, I’ve discovered that if you get mad enough to complain, you can strike a responsive note. Way back in the early 1990’s I took my brand new Mercury Saber into the dealership to have it serviced. For some unknown reason, the dealership repair crew took more than the prescribed time to do the job (routine maintenance) and didn’t get it back to me until days after. Not only that but they never replaced the panel under the dashboard they were working on and left a few tools in the car!

Angered I set out to complain and wrote Ford a long letter about their service department and their competence. About a week later I received a letter of apology and assurance that discipline was administered to those responsible!

Of course if I continue on this path of writing letters, everyone will hate me. But then again, I haven’t written to everyone yet, so that may be me being paranoid.

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I too am a letter writer Joe, but I try to write complimentary letters when I receive good service in addition to the complaining ones. Sadly, the ratio is about 10 to 1 in favor of hisses over kisses.

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you are getting some free lobsters along with this apology.

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.

nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you
wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly very
often inside case you shield this increase.

Feel free to surf to my homepage: view more