Monday, August 04, 2014

THE CLASS HAS CLASS


Last Wednesday morning I woke up and reached for my Principessa shirt, the one with the beautiful eyes of my gorgeous granddaughter Darby Shea. I choose also to grab my 50th Reunion golf cap and went to lunch, a special lunch, and it had to do with everything I was wearing. If TLW (The Little Woman) wasn’t so fastidious or persnickety about keeping old clothes, I could have worn underwear from 1964 and really had been dressed for the occasion!

Well what do a shirt and a golf hat have to do with the cost of rhubarb you ask? Let me tell you: The hat represents the committee and the shirt represents the committee’s gift to La Principessa. For being chairman of the committee, they gave me a beautiful silver frame with the words inscribed: La Principessa Darby Shea! That was for grandpa and grandma. Also included was a beautiful inscribed gift for Darby Shea that we will give to her when we see her in August.

Michele with 1 L


Joann & 2 kids she found!

My Cousin Vinnie
There present was Michele (l) with one l, Nick her saintly husband, Judy the mamma and historian for the group ,TLW, Patty, Joann and Joanne Z and of course, Sista Tanj-Gerina, As you know, the good Sista, who is known for blessing the multitudes, or so it seems as she waves her hands when she speaks, with a amen kind of Mamma Mia when she ends her sentences. Once in a lifetime, you get to meet someone special. For me, that came in the form of the High School Reunion last May. I had always wanted to meet Mother Teresa, and her passing precluded my ever doing that. But the next best thing happened, I met Sista Tanj-Gerina once again, a former classmate from high school, now from the Sisters of Mano a Mano from the upper east side of Palermo. The good Sista was on her way to California, via the NY State Thruway! Aggie, another member of this prestigious group and my cousin Vinnie were missing.
The Good Sista
They should have gotten themselves a present for a job well done, for doing so much and working so hard. We were under a lot of restraints in terms of time and money, yet these amazing people pulled it all off, without a hitch. I can tell you in a New York minute, they deserved all the credit and I thank them for their love of their classmates and deep concern that all would have a good time. Thank you for all you did and thank you for being there. I love you all!

No comments: