Thursday, August 14, 2014

TODAY’S WORLD


I guess as I get older things have been changing at a rapid pace. Being a simple person, not too complicated and probably missing a sandwich or two for a full picnic, it is getting beyond me.

Never have I seen such turmoil in this world since I was born, as the world turns against itself, heaving missiles at women and children with impunity, than screaming when they get hit back, and all the while the children will suffer the most.

I often wonder how we sleep at night, when we send children off to war and they become men and women if they return, and the ‘if’ is a big one. When the order is made to launch a missile at a urban population, and children are killed or in this case murdered, do they realize what they have done? Do they not realize they are taking what the Almighty has created and ended it without his consent, and most of the time it is done in his name?

Hiding among the women and children, cowardly warriors wearing masks to hide their ugliness, plot and scheme because their hate, inbred from countless years by their parents and grandparents is all they know. How sad that they think with their numbers they have some invincibility, and their cause is so righteous.

The biggest fear I have is what is happening in the Middle East will someday take root here in the US, that religious intolerance will choke us all to death. Recently, I have had to deal with two situations where an individual felt they were; a moral compass, that they had the answers because they believed in Jesus, that they and they alone know what is right for others. One had the audacity to tell me when and how I should pray, and one, a Bible quoting holier than thou who feels all the answers lie in the Bible with scripture after scripture being quoted, yet preaches hate!

Both think they should be spreading the word, and I have to question their motives, since they are not spreading the word, they are repeating it to the annoyance of those that know the word already. They would best serve the world by putting their money where their holy mouths are, go to Africa, go to Asia and go to the South Sea Islands to spread the word. Take up against the Communist and the Fascists regimes that exist, subjugating their populations from believing in anything and spread the word. Please don’t spread it here in the USA where it is safe to make your holy proclamations, don’t spread it in my space and don’t condemn me if I don’t pray at your cue, and please, don't spread it on Facebook.

The biggest reason for the killing that exists in this world of wars and conflict is because of religious hate and the thinking that their religion is the only religion, IT IS NOT! I believe in God, and even if I didn’t, it would be my right, so don’t attempt to trample that right with your self-righteousness. We all need to live in peace, because my enemy could have been my savior, and there is the rub, that man is made in the image and likeness of God, not your god or mine, but God.

No comments: