Tuesday, June 02, 2009

AS THE SUN RISES

Sunday’s shock is not over for anyone around here! TLW (The Little Woman) and I, both are still trying to understand what has happened. MMB (My Man Bill) as of this morning has still died of unknown causes. Hopefully by the end of the day, we will know more.

Sunday was an eye-opener. I saw the hood come together for a special person. When he left us, MMB left a better neighborhood than when he found it. He made it better, and it showed. I saw the sadness and concern, and I saw the rallying to join up and help. I saw the wonderful sweet women that stayed with Carole throughout. The help they gave, the concern for the children. It made me proud of them, and I think they are probably the best there is in any hood. I could single out a few, like Alyson and Monica, and TLW, all giving all day long!

There was Carole’s boss, who took over for Carole, handling difficult details, and I saw her officemates, friends that stood by her, and comforted her. Nice people all. Old friends from old neighborhoods, tears in their eyes, hugs and comforting words were imparted on Carole and her children. I saw one woman, holding MMB’s daughter. Christina’s round little face in this wonderful woman’s hands, a smile suddenly crossing the little girl’s lips.

Most of all: there was MMB and Carole’s son, Bill, who greeted TLW and me. He was strong, smart and comforting to us, in his time of grief! He is his Dad, and his Mom, all rolled up into one. Bill was no 16 year-old as he told us how he was dealing with this sadness. How he understood how his Mom and sister were handling it. What he would do, and what he expected.

Thank you all for your sentiment in MMB and his family’s behalf. Like my neighbors, I am proud of you, too.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: