Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I GET GASSED


On our way home from breakfast, one cold brisk morning at our local gas station TLW (The Little Woman) and I stopped to: “fill ‘er up!”

Attendant: “$32.00!’

I give him $32.00 exact and tell him to keep the change.

Attendant: “EET’S FREEEEKING KOLD!”

“Yes it is”!

Attendant: “I need wife!”

“Huh?” (Sounding like a married man, confused.)

Attendant: Yes! To keeeep me wharm! (Sounding like an unmarried dreamer)

“Yes, that’s right!” (Well, she is sitting right next to me!)

Attendant: “Yes, she keeeep me warm. She keep you warm???”

“Sure!”

We drive away, and TLW asks; “What’s that all about?”

“He was trying to make me feel good.”

TLW: “What”

“Sure, he’s a single guy, sees me with you and thinks: “Poor bastard, he’s got a ball and chain!”

TLW: “And do you? My what a day, I’m a ball and chain now!”

“Only kidding dear, you’re a ball, and I’m so happy I’m chained to you!”

Don’t try that at home, when you are not driving!

No comments: