Monday, November 29, 2010

WILL THE FOOD POLICE FINALLY KNOCK ON MY DOOR?


As most of us know, controlling our weight, as we get older gets tougher. Some of us are lucky and have a great metabolism, so we don’t need to worry. Some of us, especially men, seem to have it concentrate in one place. The issue of diet and exercise is constantly on our minds, and we sometimes just don’t give a damn.

After all these years of fighting a losing battle, you don’t want to commit suicide with a fork, but yet when you get on a scale, you wish you could stick yourself with the same fork that got you there to begin with!

Whenever I go to the doctor, I step on the scale, and the nurse will slide the top weight thingy over into the next room, before she goes to the bottom weight for the singular pounds!

I always want to take off my shoes, my coat and empty my pockets: in fact I would even get naked to get another pound to go away.

Smiling face, my doctor, who sounds like he is a candidate for a nervous breakdown, usually never mentions things like poundage, except when I go over the usual or the norm for me. The funny thing is I used to be a skinny guy, sleek, svelte, and muscular, but of course that was when I was born!

When I sit down to eat, if it is something I shouldn’t have, I immediately try to feel skinny, or put the thoughts that I shouldn’t be eating what I am, out of my mind. The quilt is there, but only for a second! You might say I’m learning self-control.

When my conscience does get the best of me, I think tomorrow will be different. Yes, tomorrow I will start the crusade to thin down and become skinny, and not feel self-conscience when others are around me who are thin. “I’ll get thin like him, and hold my nose in the air in front of fat people”, which is probably said every day!

I once bought a chocolate bar because I had an urge for one. I don’t always buy chocolate bars or candy, although I will have a piece of dark chocolate after a meal. When I purchased the bar, I saw someone I know, who came up to me and said: “Do you really need that?”

Be careful, be very careful, the thought police are all around us!

No comments: